Migrate DA to 2012 R2 server supported? - Desktop Authority Management Suite (DAMS) - Desktop Authority - Dell Community

Migrate DA to 2012 R2 server supported?

Migrate DA to 2012 R2 server supported?

This question is answered

Hi we have DA 9.1 currently on a Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machine named da.domain.com.  We just purchased the Server 2012 R2 datacenter licences and have rights to spin up as many 2012 R2 VM's that our licenced processors can handle.  I was curious if upgrading and migrating to a Server 2012 R2 based virtual server would be supported.

Currently the existing 2008 R2 has SQL Server 2008 R2 Express on it, so I would imagine the 2012 R2 server could be installed with SQL Server 2012 or 2014 Express and the database would be migrated over to it.  The other thing is that in Server 2012 R2, IIS 8.5 makes its debut.  There wouldn't be an issue with IIS 8.5 hosting the DA administration interface would there?  I notice the app pools are running in .net 2.0 framework on the existing server today, and by default app pools in IIS 8.5 run on .net framework 4.0.

Verified Answer
  • Hi kjstech,

DA Version 9.1 does not contain support for 2012 R2 Server.  However, DA version 9.2 (which is the current build) is compatible with both 2012 R2 Server and SQL Server 2012.  Virtual servers are supported for use with DA.

SQL Server 2014 is not yet supported in any version of DA but we know that a few customers have tried it and did not experience any issues that we are aware of.  I would strongly recommend using SQL Server 2012 because it is supported and has been tested accordingly.

The system requirements are listed in the Desktop Authority 9.2 Installation Guide

All Replies
  • Hi kjstech,

DA Version 9.1 does not contain support for 2012 R2 Server.  However, DA version 9.2 (which is the current build) is compatible with both 2012 R2 Server and SQL Server 2012.  Virtual servers are supported for use with DA.

SQL Server 2014 is not yet supported in any version of DA but we know that a few customers have tried it and did not experience any issues that we are aware of.  I would strongly recommend using SQL Server 2012 because it is supported and has been tested accordingly.

The system requirements are listed in the Desktop Authority 9.2 Installation Guide