Dell EMC DSS 7000 Red Hat Ceph Storage 2 Performance and Sizing Guide - Dell Cloud Resources - Cloud - Dell Community

Cloud

Cloud
These community pages contain technical resources for select Dell EMC cloud solutions.

Dell EMC DSS 7000 Red Hat Ceph Storage 2 Performance and Sizing Guide

This technical white paper provides performance and sizing guidelines for Red Hat Ceph Storage 2 running on Dell EMC servers, specifically the Dell EMC DSS 7000, based on extensive testing performed by Dell EMC engineering teams. The DSS 7000 is a cost-optimized, scale-out storage server platform that provides high capacity and scalability along with an optimal balance of storage utilization, performance, and cost.

Ceph is an open source distributed object storage system designed to provide high performance, reliability, and massive scalability. Ceph implements object storage on a distributed computer cluster, and provides interfaces for object, block and file-level storage. Ceph provides for completely distributed operation without a single point of failure, scalability to the petabyte level, and replicates data for fault-tolerance.  As a result of its design, the system is both self-healing and self-managing, helping to minimize administration time and other costs.

Red Hat Ceph Storage is an enterprise-ready implementation of Ceph that provides a single platform solution for software-defined storage that is open, adaptable, scalable, technologically advanced, and supported worldwide. Red Hat Ceph Storage combines innovation from the open source community with the backing of Red Hat engineering, consulting, and support. It includes tight integration with OpenStack services and was built from the ground up to deliver next-generation storage for cloud and emerging workloads.

This paper is intended for storage architects, engineers, and IT administrators who want to explore the advantages of using Red Hat Ceph Storage 2 on Dell EMC servers and who need to design and plan implementations using proven best practices.

Comments
  • Dell EMC DSS 7000 Red Hat Ceph Storage 2 Performance and Sizing Guide

Hello. I'm a Dell Premier Partner and i was wondering whether the DSS7000 solution is available worldwide or in specific regions. There is no opportunity at the moment but it is good to know since we are contacting with service & Telco providers here in my country.