POWEREDGE C6100 is randomly rebooting - Cloud - Forum - Cloud - Dell Community

POWEREDGE C6100 is randomly rebooting

Cloud

Cloud
These community pages contain technical resources for select Dell EMC cloud solutions.

POWEREDGE C6100 is randomly rebooting

This question has suggested answer(s)
t12-hw.txt

Hello

I have bought two second hand POWEREDGE C6100 from Ebay seller with high reputation.

Now there is a problem, that in bow servers all for nodes are randomly rebooting every 1-14 days. There is no longer uptime like 14 days. Node can reboot after 2 or after 12 days. They are rebooting randomly. I would say rather at night when load is even lover. From all 4 server nodes only one node is rebooting at once. Another can reboot after 4 hours, or after few days. No any logic.

DELL POWEREDGE C6100 with 4 per nodes server. These nodes are all identical(Configuration is attached).

Linux t2-3 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u1 x86_64 GNU/Linux
CPU avg idle 30%
The load average of these nodes are 20.0-25.0.

cat /proc/sys/kernel/panic - 0

All nodes are doing video encoding.

Ram test passed.

Please note, tat nodes are with 3x4 Gb RAM. But for i.e. RAM test “memtest86+” show only 2 modules. But total capacity is right 12 Gb. Below image of ram test.

All Replies
  • Hello?

• Any news about that?

Additional info. We have made CPU temp graph. Temperature is not to high and it is constant. No spice or something before/during/after reboot.

We have two servers with 4 nodes.

In 1st server one node have now 38 days up time and rest 2/6/10 days

in 2nd server one node have now 20 days up time and rest 1/2/3 days

They all are identical, doing the same job, have the same OS, software, load, temp etc.

• Do you solved the problem?i have the same problem.can you help me deal with it?

• Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you having issues with your POWEREDGE C6100 servers.

If you are still having issues, please visit our support portal to guide you to the product in which you need help on. Please let us know if this helps or not, so we can steer you into the right direction.

support.software.dell.com/

Kind regards,

Aaron Mares

#iWork4Dell

• No we haven't solved this problem. Did you solved? Could you advise something?

• Hello Aaron

I'm so happy you here. It took just almost a year to check this tread.

No that didn't help (as there no much info about this server, and no any info related to our problem)

As we thought this topic is dead we have opened another:

• Hi Darrka,

I am glad to be of service.  Unfortunately, I support the Dell Cloud Manager.  Listed below is the actual product support page for the PowerEdge C6100 and the phone number to Contact Technical Support.

There may be some useful articles or content to help you or you may have to purchase a support plan to resolve your issue.  Please let us know if that helped you out or not.

Kind regards,

Aaron Mares

#iWork4Dell