The ac power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined - Blades - Forum - Blades - Dell Community
Blades Forums

The ac power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined

Blades

Blades
Find insights from Dell experts on our Blade Solutions to help you deploy and manage your environment.

The ac power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi there

Hop this post finds you all well...

Immediately, after dell recommended (April 4) update for inspiron 24-7459, i got this massage:

"The ac power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined, Please connect to a Dell 130 W AC Adapter................."

The power adapter is the original (equipped with system).

I purchase it on Jan 22 2016, less than 80 days.

I cannot access my desktop, where i saved important files.

Any id what is the solution for this issue, How can i restore my system to a previous restore point . 

Your help will be appreciated.

All Replies
  • Hi, I've just updated by BIOS on my Inspiron 24-7459 and now can't load up Windows - I get a shutdown message on the warning screen. Everything was fine until I did the BIOS update / I can see any settings to bypass the error... What did you do to fix the issue? Thanks, Matt
  • Dear Frind...

Despite the problem lasted several hours on that particular day, and it happened three or four times after, I made a lot of troubleshooting (trials/tests) to resolve. 

Most are System power discharge, Power adapter/cord disconnect/connect trials, Voltage regulator measurement tests, Wall outlets switching trials, and Main power breaker reset trials.

Finally, I discover that my trusted Power Regulator/stabilizer (STAC from Japan) is not getting along with my New Inspiron 24-7459, otherwise, it is working fine with my family Dell and Acer computers. 

I connected it directly to the wall outlet using (Powermatic) surge suppressor instead of the STAC regulator, and since then its working fine. 

The bottom line:

1- The ac power adapter is sensitive.  

2- Check the line for posable unclean electricity power.

Hope this is beneficial and helpful for you all. 

Bomajid,

Jubail, Saudia Arabia