Installing Windows server 2008 on Poweredge R320 - Blades - Forum - Blades - Dell Community
Blades Forums

Installing Windows server 2008 on Poweredge R320

Blades

Blades
Find insights from Dell experts on our Blade Solutions to help you deploy and manage your environment.

Installing Windows server 2008 on Poweredge R320

This question is not answered

Hello everyone

We've purchased a new Poweredge R320 server in order to install Windows Server R2 64bit. There are 2 disks inside and they came preconfgured as raid1. 

I have changed the SATA configuration to RAID mode and also initialized RAID1  through PERC-H310 with no problems. When the server boots I can see the following msgs.

0 Non-Raid disk(s) have been found

1 Vitrual disk(s) has been found.

I then boot from the windows media but no disks are found and is prompting me to browse and install the nesseray drivers. So I downloaded

the SAS Raid drivers from this link: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/poweredge-r320.html#Drivers%20for%20OS%20Deployment

Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit Driver for PERC H310/H710/H710P/H810 Controllers
Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit Driver for PERC H310/H710/H710P/H810 Controllers
Recommended 5.2.220.64 10/18/2012 Windows
Windows Server 2008 R2

The filename is: DRVR_WIN_M20VR_5.2.220.64_A02_ZPE.exe

I extracted the contents to a USB, rebooted the server and when prompted for the drivers during the windows installation, I browsed to the USB which 2 files were located.

nodev.inf

percsas.inf

I tried both of them but each time I get a message saying to make sure the correct drivers are found. It seems that these are not the right drivers. 

Could you please direct me to the correct drivers? Or if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Many thanks

Goudeuk

All Replies
  • Even I have the same problem... Can someone suggest a solution ?

Thanks

Scott

http://www.vmexplore.com