Credit card information stolen by Dell employee - Benchmarking and Performance - Forum - Benchmarking and Performance - Dell Community

Credit card information stolen by Dell employee

Benchmarking and Performance

Benchmarking and Performance
Discover how Dell servers score on industry standard benchmark tests such as SPEC, TPC, VMmark and others.

Credit card information stolen by Dell employee

• On November 19th I called Dell to fix an order problem with my order. I spoke to someone (whom I assume works in the Dell customer support call center in India) named Yousef. I gave him my credit card information, date of birth, name, etc. After a longer time than necessary, due to no one being very helpful or speaking fluent English, the problem was eventually resolved. However, the next day (November 20th) I received a fraud protection call from Chase that someone had tried to use my credit card number for $800 worth of jewelry from some company in Iran. The credit card was immediately cancelled, and I am awaiting my new credit card number. Since 4pm yesterday I have been receiving several attempted Skype calls from someone whose screen name is Yousef Iraki, and this morning I woke up to discover that my email account had been hacked at 4am. 
    This morning I called customer support and talked to several people who were "very sorry" but couldn't do anything to help me. I asked to speak to a manager in the U.S. but the only answers I received were "sorry, the customer support center is only in India". I was "transferred to someone who can help" several times, but was only sent back to the robot lady you hear when you call customer support. I tried calling the main office in Texas, but unless you have an employee number, the robot man gives you the number for the call center or tells you to visit dell.com. 
    I'm very upset with Dell and will never use their products or services again and I hope somehow posting this will get me a real person who can help me. 
  • Hello,

I am replying to you because I purchased a Dell computer in April of this year and exactly three days later my credit card info was used at a Walmart in California.  The perpetrator tried to purchase $500 worth of stuff. I have the name and email of the person who I provided my credit card information to and he has never called me back.  I tried to contact Dell about it but was also told by India call reps that there was nothing that could be done.  I believe a complaint with the BBB is necessary here.  It's the only way someone in the states will deal with the issue.

Like you, this was my last Dell purchase as well.

I hope this helps.

• Hi ADSCHMI2/CMA0413 ,

Dell has zero tolerance when it comes to Customer Information being used inappropriately. I will personally take ownership of this concern that you raised and will follow up with you. Send me a private message, click on my user name, and send me a message with the order number or customer number. Include your Full Name and Phone Number.

Thank you,

• Jesus. I just purchased a new work laptop, 8" Tablet, and a couple or three combined years of 'Enhanced' Tech Support to go with them, and I suddenly feel pretty  <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> for actually paying for that. But I'd just like to be helpful here and point out that neither of your guys credit card info should've been made available to some customer support <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU>. If the  <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> in question is one of the higher echelon phone drones with that kind of access, then the Buck, along with full liability for all related damages, lands with a resounding thud in Dell's lap. Oh, and that's once again actually a real and singular lap. Michael Dell just reacquired the company in exchange for more money than the combined value of the European Union, and I bet he's looking for fat to trim off of Dell's employment roster. I'm sure he could find out who failed and irreparably damaged the Dell reputation by allowing it to become associated with criminal acts.

• I purchased a dell in april this year, after about two weeks, my credit card information has been stolen as well but declined by credit company as the place is in saudi arabia. Dell was my last time using the credit card.

How can I complain about it

Hope this helps.

• Lawrence, if you look a couple of posts up, you will notice a Dell liaison. Please send him a private message with the information requested and he may be able to assist.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Satish