New Alienware System: plagued with issues!! - Benchmarking and Performance - Forum - Benchmarking and Performance - Dell Community

New Alienware System: plagued with issues!!

Benchmarking and Performance

Benchmarking and Performance
Discover how Dell servers score on industry standard benchmark tests such as SPEC, TPC, VMmark and others.

New Alienware System: plagued with issues!!

• All,

Today I received my R4/ALX.  Any time I start to challenge the computers memory, I end up wiht the blue screen of death.  I have run Dell diagnostics which revealed the following:

SB Status Test  
    Error Alert Icon Cannot Run
    Cannot get device property.
    PCI Express: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Processor E5 Product Family/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller ERROR Registers 1 - 3CB3
    PCI Express Status Test  
    Error Alert Icon Abnormal Exit
    System Board: System Board
    RTC Accuracy Test  
    Error Alert Icon Module Failed To Start
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (CPU:0)
    SSE4.1 Test  
    DVD-RW Drive: PLDS DVD+-RW DH-24ACS SCSI CdRom Device
    OPU Test  
    check
    Dell PC Diagnostics has encountered an unexpected result. Please close your browser session and attempt to run the diagnostics again. If the issue persists, please contact Dell Technical Support.
    Tray Out Test  
    check
    Dell PC Diagnostics has encountered an unexpected result. Please close your browser session and attempt to run the diagnostics again. If the issue persists, please contact Dell Technical Support.
    Hard Drive: Intel Raid 0 Volume SCSI Disk Device
    Linear Read Test  
    Please provide any assistance possible.  I plan on enjoying this computer, not fearing instability.  
  • I would recommend reaching out to Customer Care for Alienware:

http://www.alienware.com/#