PERC H700 if can support Multi-Raid Setup - Benchmarking and Performance - Forum - Benchmarking and Performance - Dell Community

PERC H700 if can support Multi-Raid Setup

Benchmarking and Performance

Benchmarking and Performance
Discover how Dell servers score on industry standard benchmark tests such as SPEC, TPC, VMmark and others.

PERC H700 if can support Multi-Raid Setup

• Hi, I would like to know if PERC H700 can support multi RAID setup (ex RAID 1 + RAID 5) If so, how can I do this configuration and what are the supported RAID levels. thanks in advance. chard
  • Yes this is possible.

You may not be able to get all possible combinations from the (Dell) factory, but the PERC H700 supports:

- raid 0

- raid 1

- raid 5

- raid 6

- raid 10

- raid 50

- raid 60

Member since 2003

• Hi Sir,

What I mean is can I implement Raid 1 (OS)+ RAid 5 (Database). If so, How can i do this.

• Hi Richard, if you have at least 5 disks you can do a RAID-1 with two disks for the operating system and a separate RAID-5 with at least three disks for your database. What operating system and server model do you want to set this up on? For many supported operating systems our OS Deployment wizard component of the USC/LC or the Systems Build and Update Utility, depending on what model server you have. Let us know and I can try to point to specific instructions.

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)