I just had a PC health check run for the 1st time and I wanted to hear some of your opinions about the check, results, etc. - Benchmarking and Performance - Forum - Benchmarking and Performance - Dell Community

I just had a PC health check run for the 1st time and I wanted to hear some of your opinions about the check, results, etc.

Benchmarking and Performance

Benchmarking and Performance
Discover how Dell servers score on industry standard benchmark tests such as SPEC, TPC, VMmark and others.

I just had a PC health check run for the 1st time and I wanted to hear some of your opinions about the check, results, etc.

• Hello everyone!  I am less than 5 minutes old into this and decided to investigate a bit about my aforementioned "free" scan.  Now it makes sense to me, as a business practice, to offer the consumer a "free" service which seems too good to be true...  Well, almost.  It is quite extensive and offers seemingly logical reasons for your "need" to run this benchmark/performance scan to ensure the health of your PC.  I obviously ran it!  It offered disturbing findings on my PC and It certainly grabbed my attention.

What I'm wondering to find out from the rest of you are just a couple of things.  First, do you believe in the accuracy of the " benchmark/performance " scan findings...  That is do you think that things are embellished to scare some of us into paying the fee you encounter at the end?  Personally I knew better in the back of my mind that nothing is free, but the Dell endorsement at least made me think that some form of free "basic" troubleshooting plan would be offered, perhaps the chance to go over the results with a Tech who might help us understand the severity of our PC or Labtop's errors and provide some educated advice, or something other than an immediate answer for $30 (including that nice $10 rebate) to problems I'm not convinced are viable or truly malicious to begin with.  

If I'm alone in my opinion I can certainly accept it, but I sure will be surprised if that turns out to be the case.  Please, anyone; customers such as myself, industry workers, Technicians, programmers, Mom's, teachers, students let me know what you think.  It just seems so ridiculous to me that a program so beneficial to us all after we've paid good money for your products would be dangled in front of us like this.  Like we'll pay it because we're too ignorant to ask questions of our own and find some answers.

• Hi there, sorry for your concerns and we sympathize with any trouble you have encountered with Dell products.

That said, I'm not sure that this is the best place for your question, as this forum is concerned with Server / datacenter computing for Enterprise IT applications.  The Dell employees that monitor this forum don't have anything to do with or necessarily know about the benchmark scan you are referring to.  

The best place to air this concern is on Dell IdeaStorm or on the Dell Community Support Forums.  

You can also reach out to the @DellCares Twitter account for general concerns

To get a better idea of the Benchmarking tests we are talking about such as SPEC. VMmark, and TPC, check out our wiki page at:

en.community.dell.com/.../default.aspx

• I have a 2year old dell laptop that when first purchased the DVD did not work . It took 2week to fix. Then the mother board went it was under warranty from staples which was fixed now the processes is gone 1 month out of warranty. I paid over 700$ for a laptop which lasted 2 years.my advice to you don't spend a dime on it because your not gonna have it that long.