This is the part 2 of introduction of new Dell support service, "Dell ProSupport Plus" You can refer here for the 1st part of introduction.

This is the advantage of ProSupport Plus, just a reminder.

Today, let me show you little more about “SupportAssist”
SupportAssist is the underlying technology that enables the ProSupport Plus experience. Before we delve into how SupportAssist works let’s look at the traditional methods our customers were using before we introduced it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The customer will have a fault in their environment
They’ll either monitor or maybe they won’t even find the fault until some end user calls them and says something’s down.
At that point they’ll have to figure out the contact information.
They’ll contact their service provider and navigate the call director or phone menus.
They finally get to a tech support agent, they’ll talk to them and verify entitlement.
And then almost always tech support will say, “Can you send me some Log data>”
The customers will do that. If they haven’t done that, often tech support will ask them to hang up, run the diag, and call back.
At that point, the case will be open and the tech support agent will typically  study the log data and then begin the troubleshooting process.

With SupportAssist that experience is radically different:

We are actively monitoring those assets in the customer’s environment.
If something occurs, we know about it. We automatically begin the process of log collection; we automatically open the case.
Tech support studies the log and case details and puts an outbound Call to the customer.
Think about that, instead of the customer having to find the number and call into Dell reactively, we’re actually able to target and have the right expert call out to that customer. That expert will have already studied the log data, and it can be as simple as, “I noticed you had a hardware failure, this is the address we have on record,
is that where you want us to send the drive?”
Dramatically different support experience that what you have in the traditional break/fix world.
All of this is enabled by SupportAssist.

This is a little deeper on the SupportAssist architure and how it works. 
You’ll see the four lines of business in the enterprise portfolio: servers, storage, networking and the new Converged Infrastructure.