(Image from www.devopsdays.org)

In preparation for the upcoming Austin DevOps Day at the end of April, I am writing a series of blogs to provide more information on this methodology to better prepare you for the information I will gather and share at the event. To start, the Wikipedia definition:

DevOps (a portmanteau of development and operations) is a software development method that stresses communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and information technology (IT) professionals. DevOps is a response to the interdependence of software development and IT operations. It aims to help an organization rapidly produce software products and services

DevOps adoption is increasing due to the following (from Wikipedia):

• Agile development process
  • Substantial increase in rate of production releases
  • Wide availability of virtualized and cloud infrastructure
  • Increase of data center automation and configuration management tools

Puppet Labs has just recently released their 2013 State of DevOps Report with the latest perspective; click on the image below to see the entire infographic:

Here are some great sites you can visit to learn more about this very popular movement in the industry:

I also have two excellent interviews previously posted on the Dell TechCenter Blog that you may have missed:

Finally, here are some people to follow on Twitter to learn more: