Posted on behalf of Kai Yu.

Infrastructure high availability is extremely critical to cloud computing. In a cloud system that hosts a large number of databases and applications with different Service Level Agreements (SLAs), any downtime may be unacceptable. Recently I was invited by Oracle Technology Network (OTN) to give a guest keynote presentation on High Availability Infrastructure of Cloud Computing at the Oracle Architect Day Event. In this presentation, I shared some of my insights from my system architect experience within the Dell Solution Engineering team, as well as, my DBA experience in Dell IT. The presentation covered the best practices of building a highly available IT infrastructure on low cost commodity x86 platforms that included Dell servers and storages and discussed the architecture options that system architects should consider when it comes to cloud system design when relating to Oracle Real Application Clusters, Virtualization and Disaster Recovery solutions. After the presentation, I also attended the panel session and the round table session for Q&A discussions on high availability and cloud.

About me: I am a senior system engineer and solution architect in Dell Enterprise Solutions Engineering . I have been an author and frequent presenter at major Oracle Technology conferences. The keynote presentation slides can be downloaded here. The recorded video and audio of the presentation can be viewed below.