Over the next few days I will provide morning updates on Dell’s activities for Cloud Expo and in the evening I will detail all that occurred with pictures, videos, etc. Please watch this blog site for my updates or follow me on Twitter at @SpectorAtDell with #CloudExpo.

Day 1 – Monday June 11, 2012

Dell has 2 presentations for your consideration which I will attend and live tweet:

Convention Center Meeting Room 1A06
2:30pm - 3:45pm

Beyond Moneyball: How Professional Sports Teams Are Using Collaborative Decision Making to Win. Presented by: Dan Choquette, Director of Cloud & Big Data Solutions Integration, Dell. The impact of "big data" is extremely broad, for business, information management and utilization. Being able to analyze your growing mountain of data can give you a distinct competitive advantage, but big data can be more than traditional tools can handle. Understand where Dell™ Apache™ Hadoop™ Solutions can help by providing super-fast analysis, data mining and processing.

Convention Center Meeting Room 1A23
5:45pm – 6:30pm

Rein in the Cloud Chaos: Why Your Cloud Strategy Must Start with an Integration Strategy. Presented by: Rick Nucci, Founder & General Manager, Dell Boomi and Stephen Baumer, CTO, GoPro. CIOs today have the opportunity to become cloud champions in their organizations, building innovative new IT models that drive new business opportunities. Whether your business is purchasing a single cloud application or driving a company-wide cloud strategy, it is essential to centralize, secure and manage the flow of information in and out of your firewall and to and from the cloud. In this session, Rick Nucci, general manager of Dell Boomi, will outline why every successful cloud strategy must start with an integration strategy and how this can help CIOs take the reins in their cloud strategies.

A Dell OEM partner and vCloud customer is also presenting on Monday:

Convention Center Meeting Room TBD
7:15pm– 7:55pm

Cloudbursting...A Game Changer for the Little Guy. Scott Houston is Founder and CEO of GreenButton. There’s been much hype over benefits of the “Cloud” but it’s now becoming a game changer for smaller businesses. Previously, rendering movies, developing new drugs, or prototyping new designs required a large data centre, buying numerous servers, storage/switches, and hiring an army of IT “ants” to manage the environment - reserved for larger/wealthier companies. This session will show how Cloudbursting helps smaller companies avoid expensive capital infrastructure purchases, rent infrastructure, acquire software licenses, etc., offsetting costs.

Finally, the Dell team will also be at the Dell booth from 7:30pm – 9:00pm for the Opening Reception. I look forward to seeing a great turnout at Cloud Expo and Dell welcomes you to stop by and learn how Dell can assist in your business transformation.