Mark Spowart, CEO of Zadara Storage and I recently conducted an audio interview discussing his companies soon to be released Virtual Private Storage Array (VPSA™).  VPSA is an iSCSI storage array in the cloud, connected to your Cloud servers. Each VPSA has dual controllers (HA), dedicated drives and your choice of SSD, SAS or SATA drives. You can manage the VPSA in the same way you manage your SAN array in your own datacenter.

For a quick overview of Zadara Storage, check out this short overview video.

TIME                          QUESTION

0.0                             Introduction of Mark Spowart and Zadara Storage
1.50                           How does VPSA solve risk aversion for enterprises?
3.36                           Product availability
4.15                           Where would I find the product for purchase?
4.57                           Can I run this privately and in hybrid model?
5.53                           Talk about the Cloudbeat Innovation Showdown Award?
7.25                           Any events upcoming Zadara will be at?

The complete 9 minute audio interview:

BIO

Mark Spowart, Co-Founder & CEO Zadara Storage

Mark brings over 25 years of experience in the storage industry in a variety of senior management positions. Prior to co founding Zadara Storage, Mark was vice president of the Software and Solutions business line of LSI Corporation. Previously he was president of StoreAge Networking Technologies, which was acquired by LSI in 2006.

Prior to joining StoreAge, he was vice president of Sales at QLogic. During his tenure, the company doubled its revenue and generated record levels of profit. Before joining QLogic, he was vice president of Sales and Service at Quantum/ATL for eight years and was instrumental in growing the ATL division from a startup to over $400 million in revenue and eventual IPO.

Mark has a bachelor of science in Graphic Communications and an MBA from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California.