After polling my Twitter followers for their opinions on if I should attend the vCenter Operations (vCOPs) Boot Camp or the VMware Hands-on-Lab, I decided to attend both during the day since it was even split between the two. I also stopped by Dell's VMware PEX Booth #100, the Insight program meeting and a private showing of the NGC. Below are my key takeaways that I can share.

vCOPs is a management for hybrid cloud. It is focused on automation, correlation & acceleration, proactive behavior, collaboration & optimization. vCOPs automates operations management using analytics, visualization and integration. The impact it seeks on Cloud Ops management is to provide scale, change management and convergence. It does this by ensuring and restoring service levels and optimizing for efficiency and cost. vCOPs targets two users: (1) Ops managers and (2) short/long term capacity planners.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - VMware Hands on Labs are worth the price of admission to PEX and VMworld.

Finally, if you are attending VMware PEX, please stop by the Dell's Booth, #100. You can't miss it, it's the first booth you see when you walk into the Solutions Expo. If you are unable to attend PEX, you can still connect with Dell PartnerDirect and follow Dell PartnerDirect on Twitter and LinkedIn.

Below is a picture of the Dell team at VMware PEX in the Dell Booth.