It has been a couple weeks since Dell Storage Forum London concluded and I wanted to share a few things with you about it for those that did not get the chance to attend.  First of all this was my first time to London and I must say it is a fantastic city.  Customer service was top notice everywhere I went, transportation was fantastic even with the crowds.  Traffic was bad at times, although I was told that it was very low compared to other times during the year. 

The event was held at a wonderful hotel just steps from St. Paul’s cathedral and gave everyone a great view from the top floor of the city.

The week started off with instructor led training on Monday and Tuesday covering Dell EqualLogic Advanced features and management, Dell EqualLogic vSphere integration and Dell Compellent Storage Center administration.  The rest of the week was covered with sessions covering best practice, configuration, integration, management, DR, tiering and protecting data with the full line of Dell Storage products.  If the sessions did not fill you up with knowledge there were hands on labs available for you to take the products for a test drive.  Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic, Dell PowerVault all had different labs covering integration and management for each.  Each day also include a Plenary session and a networking lunch in the solutions expo.  There was even a couple of product preview sessions with the Engineering teams, but those were under NDA, so I can not talk about any of the details here. 

The opening Keynote was giving by Dell Storage VP and GM Darren Thomas on Wednesday morning.  He talked about some new products and what it means to be fluid.  Read Darren’s blog post for more about the new products and the Fluid Data architecture

I was able to get a few minutes to ask the Dell Storage VP and GM about the event which you can watch here

The theme of this event was Fluid by Design, so we asked some of those at the event what Fluid meant to them.

London was absolutely a great event and I was very fortunate to attend and meet and talk to our many European customers and partners.  I look forward to continuing my conversations with the US customers and partners at Dell Storage Forum 2012: Boston in June.  If you have not registered for this event or need more information you can do so here.  See you in Boston … Cheers