Blog posted by Lee Burnette, @Lee4Dell, from DellTechCenter.com

I’ve been to a number of events representing Dell & DellTechCenter.com, and I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the 2011 Gartner Data Center Conference in Las Vegas. Caesars Palace is an incredible venue to put on a conference and the caliber of the keynotes and sessions has been great.

During the week Dell held 3 sessions as well as a breakfast on Tuesday that dug deeper into the solutions we are now able to provide to our customers around the globe. On Wednesday, I had a chance to talk with Arpit Joshipura, who heads up Product Management & Networking at Dell after he presented a session titled “Agile, Open Networking In The Virtual Era”. The networking infrastructure is an important consideration when transforming data centers to meet new demands in the virtual era. What we have learned after talking with many of our customers is that they are looking for networking solutions that preserve and extend their legacy infrastructures while enabling transformation across a diverse set of requirements.

In this session, Arpit discussed how Dell customers have deployed an open framework for data center, campus and branch networking while avoiding closed, complex and costly approaches. Since open deployment model architectures are dictated by workloads, technology and business models, the challenge is addressing the business needs for an organization with a strategy that doesn’t  compromise price for performance. Arpit did a great job of clearly articulating how we are able to help our customers accomplish this and I can tell you this, as the former CMO of Force10 Networks, he knows what he’s talking about.

Take a minute and watch the video to learn more and as always, you can join our technical community at DellTechCenter.com and on Twitter @DellTechCenter.