Error message: "There is was a problem starting C:\users\appdata\local\temp\sforimi\sdryppt\wow.dll" A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Virus & Spyware

Virus & Spyware
Perspectives on PC security, including antivirus, anti-spyware and firewall solutions.

Error message: "There is was a problem starting C:\users\appdata\local\temp\sforimi\sdryppt\wow.dll" A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

This question is not answered

I have just started receiving this message whenever i right click on anything.  I have a Inspiron 580.  Can anyone advise how to get rid of error? Tks!

All Replies
  • Defintely sounds like malware.

Context menu drivers should not be loaded from the TEMP directory.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• I too am getting this same message, and this couldn't have come at a worse time for my computer as my warranty is about to expire in a couple of days!  The only difference is which directory this file comes from and I've seen several cases of this wow.dll error on Microsoft's website as well and it does appear to be a tricky form of malware. My directory was C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\sqxtmcb\sresste\wow.dll

I have an Inspiron 620 ST and have run McAfee Antivirus and Anti Malwarebytes to no avail. You also cannot delete this from the Command Prompt as you are given an "Access Denied" message when attempting to do so. We could use some help here!

• I have ran both antivirus and malware software and it still there.  It only appears when I right click on the mouse.

• This is a virus/spyware issue I will move this to the appropriate forum for better advice.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• One-on-one Malware Analysis/Removal is no longer done at the Dell Forums.  

Please follow the directions at http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=12262.0 to register and post the requested DDS logs at spywarehammer.com ; there are expert helpers there who can "walk you through" procedures to analyze your system, and clean-up the infection.   All help provided there is FREE.   If you decide to go for help there, please wait for a response, and do NOT attempt to run any other scans/removers on your own --- do exactly what they instruct you to do, no more, no less.

Good luck!

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! v8 Free, MBAM Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, EMET+MBAE, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, IE11 & Firefox (both using WOT [set to BLOCK]; KeyScrambler for IE), CryptoPrevent, Secunia PSI.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]