SpywareBlaster Error to Connect to Update Servers.

Virus & Spyware

Virus & Spyware
Perspectives on PC security, including antivirus, anti-spyware and firewall solutions.

SpywareBlaster Error to Connect to Update Servers.

This question is not answered

Somebody else having this problem when trying to update SWB.

In Wilders, Ron says he does not have any problems, but there are several users complaining about it.

I check SWB updates manually every week or so. I did it yesterday, all was fine, no updates though, and today I could not connect.

Hernan.

Dim9200/XPS 410.C2D 2.40GHz.2GB RAM.XP Pro_86 SPk3.IE8 & FF29

Avast!Free 9.0.2018. CIS 5.12(FW/D+). MBAM Premium. MCShield. WinPatrol +. WOT. OpenDNS. SAS(o/d)

"We are all ignorant, but we don't all ignore the same things..." Albert Einstein

"When you've excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." Sherlock Holmes.

All Replies
  • Hernan, I don't understand what you are asking. If you can connect SWB will let you know if there are or are not any updates. Did you mean to say that you could not connect? Maybe they are working on the server or something. I just checked the topic at Wilders. I have not had a problem connecting to the update server in the last few minutes, so I do not have anything else to add to the discussion..

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
    Social Media and Community Professional
    SpywareHammer

I am not a Microsoft or a Dell employee. I am a volunteer.

• Hi BB.

Sorry about that. I forgot the "not" at my last sentenceEmbarrassed

Ok I am able to connect to SWB updates servers again today. It was odd. I tried yesterday all day long without success. Usually if that happens, I go to SWB > Updates > Options and check " Use Alternative Download Methods " and SWB will connect again, but for whatever reazon that was not working either.

Thanks for  answering BB.

Hernan.

Dim9200/XPS 410.C2D 2.40GHz.2GB RAM.XP Pro_86 SPk3.IE8 & FF29

Avast!Free 9.0.2018. CIS 5.12(FW/D+). MBAM Premium. MCShield. WinPatrol +. WOT. OpenDNS. SAS(o/d)

"We are all ignorant, but we don't all ignore the same things..." Albert Einstein

"When you've excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." Sherlock Holmes.

• Bugbatter
    Maybe they are working on the server or something.

Yes, that is what they were doing. It has been resolved. 

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
    Social Media and Community Professional
    SpywareHammer

I am not a Microsoft or a Dell employee. I am a volunteer.