DSITV not showing in vsphere web client - Compellent - Storage - Dell Community

DSITV not showing in vsphere web client

Storage

Storage
Information and ideas on Dell storage solutions, including DAS, NAS, SAN and backup.

DSITV not showing in vsphere web client

This question is not answered

I just installed RMSV and registered the vsphere web client plugin with vcenter on the DSITV 4.01 appliance but I do not see the icon for dell storage in the client. I have restarted both the vsphere web client and the DSITV appliance with no luck.

All Replies
  • Could you please capture the following details:

1. vCenter version 

2. vsphere client virgo logs traces. 

Thanks. 

• Vcenter version 6.0.0 build 5318203. I have the virgo log. What specifically are you looking for?

This is VCSA and not the windows version.

• Could you please verify the below:

1. From the VC console; Navigate to Administration-> Solutions -> Client Plug-Ins and verify whether plug-in is getting listed ?
    2. Verify whether the logs has some details on "Downloading plugin package from <URL>" , " Done downloading plugin package from <URL>",  Deploying plugin package <version>, and "Deployed plugin package <version> to confirm the plug-in is registered and downloaded properly.
    3. Please try clearing browser cache and launch the vcenter GUI. 
  • Ajith,

I upgraded my vcsa to 6.5 over the weekend and just noticed that DSITV does not support 6.5 currently. Do you know if a release is planned to support this version soon?

• Can you please confirm the DSITV version.  

With DSITV version 4.1.1 release

• Dell Storage vSphere Web Client Plugin supports VC version  5.5 - 6.5.
    • Replay Manager Service for VMware supports VC version 5.5 - 6.0.

Thanks. 

• Where do I download 4.1.1?

• Hope you're able to download the latest DSITV version and able to deploy the same successfully. Thanks. 

• Hi Ajith,

The Dell engineering team is working on this issue now. Apparently it is an issue with DSITV. They sent me the latest 4.1.2 version and it has the same issue. I will keep everyone updated once a fix is available.

• Hi Ajith,

The issue is resolved now. I detected duplicate ip addresses with the DSITV and this was causing the issue. I allocated another ip address and restarted vcenter server and the plugin works now.