CLI based access for the Dell compellent array.

Storage

Storage
Information and ideas on Dell storage solutions, including DAS, NAS, SAN and backup.

CLI based access for the Dell compellent array.

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

What CLI is supported by "Dell compellent" storage array? I don't want to use GUI based (Enterprise Manager & Storage Center). Please provide some pointers for the CLI, if any.

Mradul

All Replies
  • You can SSH into the Compellent.

Member since 2003

• Thanks for the quick response Smile. I will try doing this, but still I have a doubt. So the Use case is The volumes are mapped to a host and I want to manage volumes from that host through CLI. Is there any way of doing this without doing an ssh?

Mradul 

• Also adding to the above question... All the above questions are related to linux host. And if there is any documentation related to CLI guide please provide.

Thanks

Mradul

• The only thing like what you're looking for I've seen is the Command Set which is a collection of Windows PowerShell scripts. To be honest Compellent is extremely Windows-oriented - I'm impressed that their support for Linux extends beyond "it should probably work with defaults". I've never tried the PowerShell commands myself but they may be hackable to work on a Linux environment.

• For non-windows based platforms, you can use the java based Command Utility (CompCU) available at:

kc.compellent.com/.../Download.aspx

You can get the documentation here:

kc.compellent.com/.../Download.aspx