PS4100XV RAID5 to RAID10 - EqualLogic - Storage - Dell Community

PS4100XV RAID5 to RAID10

Storage

Storage
Information and ideas on Dell storage solutions, including DAS, NAS, SAN and backup.

PS4100XV RAID5 to RAID10

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi

I have a PS4100XV with RAID5 configuration and need to format it again to RAID10

Is there a way to do this without loosing current configuration?

M.Thanks

Tasos.

All Replies
  • Hello Tasos, 

No there isn't. You can't go to a smaller capacity RAID type from a larger one.  That unit will have to be reset then reconfigured.  

If you have another array that you can use temporarily with enough capacity, you can add it to the group them remove the PS4100XV and not lose configuration or data. 

Regards, 

Don 

Social Media and Community Professional
    #IWork4Dell
    Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

• Hi Don

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can you please send me the procedure to Reset and Reconfigure the Array?

And if there is a way to backup and restore configuration?

M.Thanks 

Tasos.

• Hello, 

You are very welcome. 

To save the configuration at the Group CLI use  GrpName>save-config <filename> 

GrpName> save-config eqlarray

Configuration saved to eqlarray.
    You can retrieve the file using ftp or scp.

You retrieve that file before you reset the array and it can be used to recreate the configuration, volumes, etc... 

Re: Reset.  Assuming that it is a ONE member GROUP, your data is backed up and all the servers are no long connected, then at the CLI, enter "reset".  It will make you confirm this by typing "DeleteAllMyDataNow".   Case sensitive.   That will remove the RAIDset and return that member to full factory reset condition. 

The Admin guide has information on setting up new arrays.  It can be done via the serial port, or if you have either the HIT/ME (MicroSoft Edition) or HIT/LE (Linux Edition) software it can be configured over the network with the "Remote Setup Wizard" utility.  

If you have a support contract you can contact Dell Support and they will help you through this process. 

Regards, 
    Don 

Social Media and Community Professional
    #IWork4Dell
    Get Support on Twitter - @dellcarespro