Problem DELL SC2020 "Write cache currently stopped in storage center" - DELL|EMC Storage Forum - Storage - Dell Community

Problem DELL SC2020 "Write cache currently stopped in storage center"

Storage

Storage
Information and ideas on Dell storage solutions, including DAS, NAS, SAN and backup.

Problem DELL SC2020 "Write cache currently stopped in storage center"

This question is not answered
Write_cache_error.png

Hello everyone,

In our IT infrastructure, we have a DELL SC2020 server. In Storage Center, we noticed the following error message:

"Write cache currently stopped in storage center"

Could you help us in order to resolve this problem?

We have successfully updated the firmware, without success.

Please find attached a capture of the message.

Thank you in advance.

Nextiraone

All Replies
  • Hello Nextiraone,

You stated that you was able to update the firmware on your SCv2020 without success? What was the error that you received when the firmware did not complete? Also how did you get the firmware to upgrade your SCV2020?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
    Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

• Hello,

I misspoke. We successfully updated the firmware. But the problem hasn't been resolved (Write cache).

We used Storage Center for updating the firmware.

Best Regards,

Nextiraone.

• Hello Nextiraone,

Where did u download the firmware file from? Did you select firmware upgrade in Storage center and it downloaded the file for you?

DELL-Sam L
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

• Hello

I selected firmware upgrade in Storage Center and it downloaded the file. It isn't the firmware upgrade the origin of this problem.

The problem : "Write cache currently stopped in storage center".

Could you give me tracks for resolving this problem?

Thanks

Nextiraone

• Hello Nextiraone,

Can I get you to do a phone home from your SC2020. I will also send you an email that I need you to reply back to with your controller serial #’s so that we can look into your phone home logs.

DELL-Sam L