PV 124T List of SNMP OIDs

Storage

Storage
Information and ideas on Dell storage solutions, including DAS, NAS, SAN and backup.

PV 124T List of SNMP OIDs

This question is not answered

Hi there,

i have an PV 124T so it should be a Quantum SL 3 and since i found no error handling via smtp mail within its webinterface and the system sometimes stops working for its cleaning tape is over the limit i would like to manage to get some snmp information from the device to check for problems like that before they are stopping the device.

i got the uptime information with: snmpget -v1 -c public 192.168.xx.xx .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0

which results in: DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (165878470) 19 days, 4:46:24.70

but it was hard to find more OIDs to find out whats wrong (or good) with the device. since i have no snmp server, the build in snmp functionality is not what i am looking for. i think a nagios/icinga plugin would fit my problem best. for the first steps some OIDs would help for the PV-124T

any ideas e.g. a list of all valid OIDs for Dell PV-124T?

kind regards

All Replies
  • Toki76,

After doing some more research I was able to find that in order to do what you are wanting to do, you will need to have an SNMP server on the network. Once you have that then you will be able to set up SNMP traps and be able to have that info emailed to you. If you let me know what kind of tape drive you have in the PV-124T for example LTO -3… I can then send you the info regarding the info on configuring the SNMP. I hope this helps and please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Kenny K.

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)