Hi everyone:I purchased a new MD3600f array, but I don't have any clue, how to turn it off, is there a button on the console of the Storage Manager Client, that shut down the array?, or do I have to go directly to the power supplies and press both energy buttons to power off the arrayAny comment is more than welcomeThanks
With the PowerVault MD line there is no actual power button. To power off the array you would just use the switches on the individual power supplies. I went ahead and attached the owners manual link below for your reference.
If you have any questions please feel free to let us know.
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)
The proper power down procedure for a setup like this is:
- power down the servers using storage on the SAN array
- give the array a few minutes to flush write cache to disk
- power down the SAN array (in this case using the power buttons on each of the power supplies)
- power down any iSCSI or fiber channel switches (assuming nothing else is using these)
More importantly is the power up procedure/order:
- power up the iSCSI/FC switches and give them 1 to 2 minutes to boot
- power up the SAN array and give it 2 to 5 minutes to boot
- power up the servers using storage on this SAN array
Member since 2003