MD3420 Disk Pool total capacity error? - PowerVault Storage Forum - Storage - Dell Community

MD3420 Disk Pool total capacity error?

Storage

Storage
Information and ideas on Dell storage solutions, including DAS, NAS, SAN and backup.

MD3420 Disk Pool total capacity error?

This question is not answered

We recently purchased a MD3420 with 24x 1.2TB drives and I can't figure out why the disk pool total capacity is only showing 20.958TB. All 24 drives are associated to the disk pool and the storage array profile shows all drives up & online. I know I can't get the full 24x1.2TB=28.8TB, but minimally I should see ~25-26TB total capacity. Can anyone shed some light on where the space is "going" or is this an error that could have been brought on by the initial configuration?  

Thanks. 

All Replies
  • Hello xtrusion0,

When you created your disk pool which raid type did you select as you didn’t state that in your post?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
    Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

• I know this post is three years old but did you ever get an answer to your question?  I am experiencing the same issue.

• Hello gcoates,

What is the raid type that you are using? Also, are you using 24x1.2TB drives as well?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
    Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)