Diagnosing Integrated Webcam Driver Issues when Upgrading from Windows 7 to 8 - Microsoft OS Wiki - Software & Operating Systems - Dell Community

Diagnosing Integrated Webcam Driver Issues when Upgrading from Windows 7 to 8

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Microsoft OS Wiki

Wikis - Page

Diagnosing Integrated Webcam Driver Issues when Upgrading from Windows 7 to 8

Microsoft OS Wiki

Disclaimer: This wiki is not official Dell documentation but is compiled by Philip Yip (Dell Community Rockstar natakuc4).

Go to computer press [Windows] and [ e ] and go to uninstall or change a program, look for any webcam software and uninstall it.

Next uninstall your web camera in the device manager..

Press the [Windows] and [Pause|Break] or [Windows] and [ e ] (to open computer) and then select properties.

On this screen next select Device manager.

Hopefully it should look something like mine. Expand Imaging Devices, right click the integrated webcam and select uninstall.

Restart your computer. Windows 8 should reinstall the webcamera. The webcamera should now work.

For systems with access to My Dell Downloads, Dell Webcam Central should be downloaded from my Dell Downloads. Otherwise use R230103.exe.

Disclaimer: This wiki is not official Dell documentation but is compiled by Philip Yip (Dell Community Rockstar natakuc4).

Comments
  • How would you fix this issue if the device manager is not detecting the integrated webcam at all?