Make Windows 8 act like Windows 7 .... Stardock Start8

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Make Windows 8 act like Windows 7 .... Stardock Start8

• Like a lot of Windows 8 desktop and laptop user .... I Hate Windows 8 !!!!
    It might be a nice interface for tablets and phones, but I think that it's a big failure otherwise.

I just installed the program Stardock Start8 , and I love it! Here is the link ....

www.stardock.com/.../start8

It's only $5 and it makes Windows 8 act just like Windows 7

It really is great and removed some of my hatred for Windows 8

• ps. After looking at my post I realized that it looks like I have stock in the Stardock Co. :-)

I assure you that I don't I just love how Start8 relieved some of my dislike of Windows 8 ... that is all ... enjoy!

• There is also StartIsBack and ClassicShell but after using the 3 I decided I prefer Start8.

Start8 is highly recommended in my Windows Reinstallation wiki:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19480753.aspx

I still don't know what Microsoft were thinking with respect to ruining the Windows experience...

Actual Windows Manager is great for multiple monitors (but at the moment I am disappointed in how it runs on Windows 8) so I am back to WIndows 7.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.