dell inspiron 1564 problems after upgrade to windows 8 pro.

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

dell inspiron 1564 problems after upgrade to windows 8 pro.

• hello guys I just installed the windows 8 pro on my dell inspiron 1564

but there are ceratin problems that im facing

like when I increase ordecrease the brightness of my screen my laptop reboots

and when I remove the power adapter it reboots

a message comes on the screen saying your laptop ran into some problem and needs to restart

any suggessions?

I know that the display driver is the main culprit here

but where to get a newer driver?as dell is not upgrading the drivers

help pls!!

dell ispiron 1564

i3 processor

4gb ram

• Try support.amd.com/.../auto_detect.aspx  

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• dell ispiron 1564 WINDOWS 8 DRIVERS CAN ANY DELL REPRESENTATIVES CAN GIVE LINKS TO DOWNLOAD

• dell ispiron 1564 WINDOWS 8 DRIVERS CAN ANY DELL REPRESENTATIVES CAN GIVE LINKS TO DOWNLOAD

• No Dell will not supply any win 8 drivers since that model is not supported for win 8. However Windows 8 has all the drivers you need unless the Win 8 Upgrade Assistant said otherwise. I have a 1764 and win 8 works fine on it. However it required me to use the Remove and Reinstall feature in PC Settings to get rid of any win 7 leftovers after the upgrade installation. Run that now. You will have to reinstall all your files and all your added programs, but it will be worth it. Remove and Reinstall is actually a clean install of win 8 without a disk.

• Dell will not be providing an official driver set for this model.

I have been working on unofficial driver sets for unsupported models with help from the end-users especially in the case of the Studio 1558 where many users have worked with me to provide a working driver set. Fortunately much of the hardware is common between the two models. 

For the Inspiron 1564 you may try the following:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/w/laptop/4463.inspiron-1564-windows-8-64-bit.aspx

Please note that this driver set although consisting mainly of Dell Drivers obtained from other systems is completely unofficial and won't be supported by Dell Technical Support.

If you try them I would appreciate feedback on how well your system runs.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.