how to update bios dell inspiron N4050?

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

how to update bios dell inspiron N4050?

This question is not answered

I hesitate to update my bios, please tell the correct way to update the bios on my laptop.Big Smile

All Replies
  • You should only update the bios to solve a problem with your computer. If all is working OK, don't update. If it ain't broke....don't fix it.

• Hi kentung,

Every release of BIOS version would have Fixes & Enhancements. Check the BIOS version before updating BIOS. Restart the computer and tap F2 at Dell logo. Now check the BIOS version.

Click the link below to update BIOS to A08 version:

http://dell.to/19muTlV

Download  

• Click Download File  to download the file.  
    • When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.  

Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment  

1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.  
    2. Windows System will auto restart and update BIOS while system startup screen.  
    3. After BIOS update finished, system will auto reboot to take effect.   
      • During BIOS update verify that the computer is connected to an AC Adapter.
      • Disconnect any third party peripherals connected to the computer before performing BIOS update.
      • Do not turn off the computer during the BIOS update.
      • Do not restart the computer during the BIOS update.
      • Ensure battery charge is more than 30% during BIOS update.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working wall jack before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

Please reply for any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".