[MOVED] msieoq32.dll error

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

[MOVED] msieoq32.dll error

This question is not answered

I have a few games installed on my laptop, this problem only happens with 2 of the 3 games currently installed. Some times it suddenly shuts down and re-start itself. When the machine has re-loaded itself it comes up with

" There was a problem starting msieoq32.dll. The specified module could not be found."

I have tried many different things that I got suggested on another forum but noting seems to work.

Anything I could try?

Thanks

All Replies
  • Hi stefanv1411,

Welcome to Dell Community.

Have you tried reinstalling those games? Also verify that the exact file is msieoq32.dll and not msi32.dll .

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
    Social Media and Community Professional
    SpywareHammer

I am not a Microsoft or a Dell employee. I am a volunteer.

• yes i have reinstalled the games. This only has started recently. I uninstalled one game about 2 months ago and reinstalled it about one week ago and this started to happpen. And yes it is msieoq32.dll. i'll try get a picture of it when it happens again.

• Are these legitimate games that you purchased or something that you downloaded for free online?

If it happens only with that software, I'd say it's a corrupt file related to the game(s) or malware looking for a component that is missing due to being removed by your security. I'm inclined to think the latter because I can find no information on that particular file name.

If you would like to have someone advise you on running more comprehensive diagnostics in order to pinpoint the problem, please post the required DDS logs on the Malware Removal Forum at SpywareHammer and have the staff trained in malware removal walk you through the diagnostic logs and a cleanup. Please do not attempt to run any additional scans, install software, or use any other tools until an analyst can advise you on the next step. If you use the same username there as you have here, I'll link it to this one and I can ask one of the trained analysts there to handle your post as soon as possible. Help is free, but you will need to register there and follow the posting instructions.

SpywareHammer

• The original poster in this topic has been referred to SpywareHammer .

This topic is closed.
    Everyone else who is having a similar issue, please begin a New Post at the top of the forum.

SpywareHammer