DELL SUPPORT CENTRE WARNING - PREVIOUS INSTANCE IS ALREADY RUNNING

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

DELL SUPPORT CENTRE WARNING - PREVIOUS INSTANCE IS ALREADY RUNNING

This question is not answered

This warning comes up every 2 days.  What does it mean please?  I have run my McAFee  virus software many times and detected no viruses.

All Replies
  • This is a Software issue and not a hardware issue (this section).  Best to post on the Software section of the forum.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• That's weird - this thread got moved automagically.....

Jagara:   Most likely just a bug or hangup in the program - or it's possible you have more than one copy or version installed.

Easiest thing to do is go to Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) and remove all versions of Dell Support or Dell Support Center.   You don't need Dell Support Center at all -  it's convenient, but does nothing you can't do yourself.     But if you choose you can re-download the current version from HERE;    

There are also several reports here that older models (pre-2007 or so) aren't always compatible with the newest version.

'Tis a poor carpenter that blames his tools.

• I too got the same Message while starting the Software. Best way i found is to Open Windows Task Manager --> Go to Processes --> look for "pcdrcui.exe" (without the ")...

--> Select the file --> right click it and select End Process Tree 

Select End Process Tree...

If you have had the same issue as i have had this should do the trick. Then restart the program.

• Hi,

To add to the above resolutions also uninstall and reinstall Dell Support Center on the computer; providing the link to install Dell Support Center for your reference: mentioned: http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/dsc_home?c=us&l=en&s=gen

For any further questions in future please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and regards,
    Madhur B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

• I have this problem sometimes too, when I'm not even trying to use the Dell Support Center.  A message box up says that a previous instance is already running.   However, I did not run the previous instance, and I am not trying to run a new instance either. Does this mean that some hacker from the Internet is using the Dell Support Center as a backdoor to hack into my computer?