DELL SUPPORT CENTRE WARNING - PREVIOUS INSTANCE IS ALREADY RUNNING - Productivity Software Forum - Software & Operating Systems - Dell Community

DELL SUPPORT CENTRE WARNING - PREVIOUS INSTANCE IS ALREADY RUNNING

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

DELL SUPPORT CENTRE WARNING - PREVIOUS INSTANCE IS ALREADY RUNNING

This question is not answered

This warning comes up every 2 days.  What does it mean please?  I have run my McAFee  virus software many times and detected no viruses.

All Replies
  • This is a Software issue and not a hardware issue (this section).  Best to post on the Software section of the forum.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• That's weird - this thread got moved automagically.....

Jagara:   Most likely just a bug or hangup in the program - or it's possible you have more than one copy or version installed.

Easiest thing to do is go to Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) and remove all versions of Dell Support or Dell Support Center.   You don't need Dell Support Center at all -  it's convenient, but does nothing you can't do yourself.     But if you choose you can re-download the current version from HERE;    

There are also several reports here that older models (pre-2007 or so) aren't always compatible with the newest version.

'Tis a poor carpenter that blames his tools.

• I too got the same Message while starting the Software. Best way i found is to Open Windows Task Manager --> Go to Processes --> look for "pcdrcui.exe" (without the ")...

--> Select the file --> right click it and select End Process Tree 

Select End Process Tree...

If you have had the same issue as i have had this should do the trick. Then restart the program.

• Hi,

To add to the above resolutions also uninstall and reinstall Dell Support Center on the computer; providing the link to install Dell Support Center for your reference: mentioned: http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/dsc_home?c=us&l=en&s=gen

For any further questions in future please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and regards,
    Madhur B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

• I have this problem sometimes too, when I'm not even trying to use the Dell Support Center.  A message box up says that a previous instance is already running.   However, I did not run the previous instance, and I am not trying to run a new instance either. Does this mean that some hacker from the Internet is using the Dell Support Center as a backdoor to hack into my computer?