Forums

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Toolbar at top of desktop screen missing

• Good evening.

I am new to the community and please excuse me if I have placed this thread in the wrong place.

I have a Dell studio laptop and I appear to have lost the toolbar that appeared across the top of the screen.

This toolbar contained the likes of shortcuts for internet, e-mail, word, webcam, dell etc.

Can anyone please provide advice to how I can re-install this toolbar?

Thank you in advance.

Andy.

• Andy,

I think you're talking about Dell Dock

If you have trouble installing it, please let me know.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thank you for the information.

Dell dock is what I was looking for. I have found it in my "program files" folder.

When I run the application it came back. However, when I restarted laptop it had gone again.

I believe I need to add it to the start up menu - how do I do that?

Thanks again,

Andy.

• Andy,

Go to start, control panel, programs and features and uninstall Dell dock, then restart your computer.

Download and install  Search Everything When it starts, give it a chance to scan. After you see a bunch of foldewrs in it, type

Dell Dock

It will give you a few listings. Delete them all except the installation program.

Now try installing Dell Dock. The installation should work this time and should appear every time you start your computer.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• How do I add it my toolbar back to the top of my comuter???

• kansas_rebel2000,

You can reinstall Dell Dock

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Hi

I installed DellDock and I think it is great!  But, when I got my Dell and when I opened Internet there was a thing below the toolbar that had links to email, messenger, etc. It looked a lot like Dell Dock but it appered on the internet. I pushed some button and now it is gone, how do I get it back?

Thanks,

Julia

• Hi Julia,

I believe you mean the command bar. Hover your mouse curosr at the top bar of internet explorer and right click, then select command bar.

• hey rick,

I just had my dell inspiron i1440 cleaned and during the process the command bar at the top of my screen is missing now. I would like to know how to get it back if possible. i tried to used the instructions you left for the other person, but i didnt see my dell dock and couldnt follow the instructions you gave the last person please help....thanks

donald 

• I just reinstalled Dell Dock onto my computer. When I first got the computer there was an icon on the Dell Dock toolbar that was a shortcut to my webcam. Ever since my computer got cleaned and my Dell Dock got deleted, I haven't been able to figure out how to open up my webcam. I was hoping that by reinstalling it, the shortcut would be there too but it isn't. How can I get the shortcut back?

• Hi Shannon1056,

Shannon1056
    I haven't been able to figure out how to open up my webcam. I was hoping that by reinstalling it, the shortcut would be there too but it isn't. How can I get the shortcut back?
    As I understand your question, you need a way to open your webcam. You did not mention which operating system you are using. On my Windows 7 System I would use: Start>Programs>Dell Webcam >Pin to Taskbar

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
    Social Media and Community Professional
    SpywareHammer

I am not a Microsoft or a Dell employee. I am a volunteer.