Dear Dell Techs and Forum Readers,

Yesterday I got my father a laptop. He only speaks spanish. Since Win7 Home Premium doesn't have the MUI option and I like to partition computer drives to avoid losing data, I reinstalled win7. I had no problem installing the drivers, but when I wanted to reinstall Dell DataSafe Local (pardon my highlighting this but many people reply offering the link to DataSafe Online, which is not what I'm looking for) I can't manage to do it.

I downloaded the updated version from the driver download section, as the software doesn't appear in the driver cd. I did this from http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?&releaseid=R249580&formatcnt=1&libid=0&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=364553. After following the instructions and running cleanvisfb.exe  from c:\dell\drivers\ I only get an empty cmd window. Then I ran it on a separate cmd window in case it had been really fast text and I missed it and nothing happened. I believe the file is a dummy file and it wasn't uploaded correctly onto the website. I hope some tech support person can check this out. I've seen a couple of other threads with this problem.

The computer is an Inspiron 1440 Win7 64-Bit.

Thanks!