Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads) success?

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads) success?

• Has anyone been successful in registering and being able to download the software being offered on "My Accounts" page?

I keep getting the following error-- An Application error has occurred. Please contact customer support if this problem persists.

• I'm having a similar issue. I can't get My Dell Downloads to register my system. Can anyone help us solve this problem?

• I still haven't been able to get to the Factory Installed Software Downloads, but at least the error is different now. (see below)

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
    Timestamp: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:44:40 UTC

Line: 31
    Char: 5
    Code: 0
    URI: https://smartsource.dell.com/web/UserForms/Client%20Scripts/SysProUtilities.js

Now the page just keeps examining system and nothing else. It looks as if the JAVA Script needs work.

• You can't use Firefox; you have to use Internet Explorer. I'm not getting an error message, it's just that when I try to register my system nothing happens.

• I'm having the same issue. I hope they fix this soon. Just upgraded to Windows 7 and I need to install some apps. The CD that came with my laptop only had drivers, none of the preinsalled apps were included.

• In IE8 I had to switch to compatibility mode and it started working.

• Switching compatibility view mode in IE8 did not work for me.

However, I was able to get it to work in Google Chrome. :)

• another silly problem saying that service tag is not recognised. tried with compatibility view on IE8.

any help?

• same problem here - looks like this has been an issue since 2009 - good work Dell!

This is ridiculous.

No wonder people are migrating to Apple - it just works.

• reboot!

just rebooted - now I get service tag not supported - STILL NOT THE ANSWER I WANT DELL!

• I have this problem too. I used IE7 compatibility mode and still no luck. 

I could not get passed https://smartsource.dell.com/web/Welcome.aspx pressing Continue button.  

• McoreD,

If the computer does not register, then Contact Dell Technical Support

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thanks but isn't there any other way to download the DELL software such as Dell Webcam Central from their FTPs?

I reinstalled Windows from my own purchased license of Windows 7 Professional and I am missing that software.

• McoreD,

This file is known as Dell Webcam Central is an older version that can be updated, once installed.

If you're haveing webcam issues, try running the Webcam Diagnostics and post the results back here.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• no to me says service tag not suported i used ie9 on win7 i got a dell n5110 but no luck try dowloading you sofwares form driver download center