Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads) success?

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads) success?

• Has anyone been successful in registering and being able to download the software being offered on "My Accounts" page?

I keep getting the following error-- An Application error has occurred. Please contact customer support if this problem persists.

• I'm having a similar issue. I can't get My Dell Downloads to register my system. Can anyone help us solve this problem?

• I still haven't been able to get to the Factory Installed Software Downloads, but at least the error is different now. (see below)

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
    Timestamp: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:44:40 UTC

Line: 31
    Char: 5
    Code: 0
    URI: https://smartsource.dell.com/web/UserForms/Client%20Scripts/SysProUtilities.js

Now the page just keeps examining system and nothing else. It looks as if the JAVA Script needs work.

• You can't use Firefox; you have to use Internet Explorer. I'm not getting an error message, it's just that when I try to register my system nothing happens.

• I'm having the same issue. I hope they fix this soon. Just upgraded to Windows 7 and I need to install some apps. The CD that came with my laptop only had drivers, none of the preinsalled apps were included.

• In IE8 I had to switch to compatibility mode and it started working.

• Switching compatibility view mode in IE8 did not work for me.

However, I was able to get it to work in Google Chrome. :)

• another silly problem saying that service tag is not recognised. tried with compatibility view on IE8.

any help?

• same problem here - looks like this has been an issue since 2009 - good work Dell!

This is ridiculous.

No wonder people are migrating to Apple - it just works.

• reboot!

just rebooted - now I get service tag not supported - STILL NOT THE ANSWER I WANT DELL!

• I have this problem too. I used IE7 compatibility mode and still no luck. 

I could not get passed https://smartsource.dell.com/web/Welcome.aspx pressing Continue button.  

• McoreD,

If the computer does not register, then Contact Dell Technical Support

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

• Thanks but isn't there any other way to download the DELL software such as Dell Webcam Central from their FTPs?

I reinstalled Windows from my own purchased license of Windows 7 Professional and I am missing that software.

• McoreD,

This file is known as Dell Webcam Central<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

is an older version that can be updated, once installed.

If you're haveing webcam issues, try running the Webcam Diagnostics and post the results back here.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

• no to me says service tag not suported i used ie9 on win7 i got a dell n5110 but no luck try dowloading you sofwares form driver download center