The Dell Dock has vanished from my desktop (Vista)

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

The Dell Dock has vanished from my desktop (Vista)

This question is not answered

How do I get it back?

All Replies
  • jyurow,

Try this first. Start, all programs, Dell Dell Dock. See if it comes back.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• dell deck has dissappeared and when i try to retrieve it .......i'm instructed to contact you!

• that does not work. it tries to reconnect but it tell me to contact you! help please!

• ppatton,

Go to start, control panel, programs and features. Un-install Dell Dock, then restart your computer. Now go to Dell Dock download and install the newer version.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• i've tried this several times and it will install but it will not run. boo hoo!

• ppatton,

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Make a system restore point. Download and run Windows Installer CleanUp Utility Look for Dell Dock and just click on that one entry. Run it and exit. Restart your computer and then try installing Dell Dock.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I had to get MSN ot help with a problem and they made my dell dock disappear. I didnt call them back,,,, becasue i thought i could get it back myself

• JayBee28,

Start, control panel, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders. (Remember to go back and mark don't show hidden files and folders when done)

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell Dock, uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Download Search Everything and install. Open Search Everything. Type Dell Dock. Delete all the folders it finds. Also type Star dock and delete everything it finds.

Download Dell Dock and install.

What happens?

Rick

#DellRockStar