Inspiron One 2320 - Factory Restore / Recovery Issue

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Inspiron One 2320 - Factory Restore / Recovery Issue

This question is answered

Hi there

I purchased the Inspiron One last year which had Windows 7 Pro pre-installed on it.

In my infinite wisdom I decided to do an in place upgrade to Windows 8.

My wife does not like Windows 8 and would like to go back to Windows 7 Pro.

The problem rears its ugly head when I go into Troubleshooting > Advanced Options > System Image Recovery

I get the report that there is No System Image.

Has Windows 8 wiped out the Factory Backup Image from my hard drive?

I look to you my fellow IT geeks for the answer!

Help

Andrew

Verified Answer
  • Hi Andrew,

I understand Windows 8 is a relatively new OS and might take some time to be familiar with. However, if you are facing difficulty using Windows 8, you may refer to Windows 8 support page Here for general 'How to' usage articles. 

As you have upgraded to Windows 8, the recovery partition has been lost and you would not be able to go back to Windows 7 via Image Recovery. However, if you have created factory recovery media at the time of system setup, you might be able to restore the system back to factory settings using that media.

If you have not created recovery media, the only way to go back to Windows 7 is to re-install OS using Re-installation discs.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sundeep B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

All Replies
  • Hi Andrew,

I understand Windows 8 is a relatively new OS and might take some time to be familiar with. However, if you are facing difficulty using Windows 8, you may refer to Windows 8 support page Here for general 'How to' usage articles. 

As you have upgraded to Windows 8, the recovery partition has been lost and you would not be able to go back to Windows 7 via Image Recovery. However, if you have created factory recovery media at the time of system setup, you might be able to restore the system back to factory settings using that media.

If you have not created recovery media, the only way to go back to Windows 7 is to re-install OS using Re-installation discs.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sundeep B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

• I have a Dell Inspiron One and am trying to get rid of an adware item that has turned off msconfig, I do have a recovery partition but can't get in to screen to do recovery from boot. Please advise.

• Hi Jarebare7

Personally I would try to get rid of the adware/malware using HitMan Pro Kickstart

But try pressing ALT + F10 to gain access to recovery partition.

Reagrds

Andrew