Repair My Computer option is missing from F8 menu in Windows 7

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Repair My Computer option is missing from F8 menu in Windows 7

This question is not answered

Recently i reinstalled windows 7 from the dell factory image by getting into the F8 option at the startup showing repair my computer, but after the reinstallation , the Repair My Computer option is missing from the F8 menu, my recovery partition is available, but the option  is not shown, how can i restore the option or how can i reset the dell proprietary master boot record , to re enable the repair my computer option. 

All Replies
  • Hi Ayushya,

Follow below steps to restore “Repair Your Computer “option:

Note: If you can, backup any important information before starting this process.

• Click Start
    • In the start menu search box type in tg
    • Right click on the file called tg
    • Click on Run as Administrator
    • Continue through the User Account Control messages
    • Wait for the process to finish - this usually takes a few minutes depending on your computer

This file will run through installing Adobe Reader, Power 2 Go and add in the F8 Repair Your Computer option.

Once it has finished, restart the computer and keep tapping F8 - you should now be able to see the Repair Your Computer option.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• Hi Rajesh,

I typed tg, there is no search results ! Cant proceed please help ! Or point me to the file which you want me to open .

Awaiting Response !

• Hi Ayushya,

May I know did you reinstall Operating system with the disk or did you do a factory reset using recovery partition?

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".