problem to find a restore point with F8

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

problem to find a restore point with F8

This question is not answered

Hi guys,

i have an old dell with windows xp i am trying to find a restore point with using F8 options. i can only see the option restore to a Last Known Good Configuration.

but i  want to choose a day to restore too, how can i do this with out going to windows only thru F8 options?

Warm regards B

All Replies
  • Hi,

To restore your system to an earlier time you can perform System Restore by going into Safe Mode and also Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Please follow the steps below to perform System Restore through Safe Mode with Command Prompt:

1.Restart your computer, and keep tapping F8 key. You will see Advanced Boot Options.
    2.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.
    3.If you are prompted to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate operating system for your computer, and then press Enter.
    4.Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.
    5.At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press Enter.
    6.Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a previous date.
    7.Once System Restore is complete computer will restart.

Performing System Restore through Safe Mode.Select Safe Mode in the Advanced Boot Options screen
    Once you are in Safe Mode and logon as Administrator ,you can perform System Restore by the below mentioned steps:

1. Go to Start, select All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and then click System Restore.
    In the System Restore wizard, select Restore my computer to an earlier time, then click Next.
    In the Select a Restore Point page, select the date from the calendar that shows the point you would like to restore to and then click Next.

4. Click Next on Confirm Restore Point Selection window.
    5.Once System Restore is complete ,the system will restart.

I hope the information was useful to you.Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka S
    #iworkfordell

• super thx that solution work fine for me :)

• Hi,

Great to know everything is working fine.Smile

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka S
    #iworkfordell