New Dell Inspiron 660

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

New Dell Inspiron 660

This question has suggested answer(s)

Go this new computer yesterday. On the drives and downloads website, it shows  I need to update 9 files which I did and again  it is stil showing as not being done on the check list.  Can anybody help pl, I have downloaded a few times and am not getting anywhere.  Also though the computer is new it is taking a long time to boot, e.g I want to remove dell stage from my computer as everytime I boot up it shows and it is taking a lot of space.  I do not know how to do it and what can I remove from the task bar to make the computer run faster.Thanks

Download ListActions

Dell-Application
DellDigitalDelivery.Release.2.1.1000.0_ZPE.exe (1MB)
Urgent
29/05/2012
Applies to:

Audio (1)

File TitleImportanceRelease DateVersionAdd to My Download ListActions
Audio_Conexant_W74_A00_Setup-772CK_ZPE.exe (41MB)
Urgent
30/05/2012
8.50.8.0,  A00
Applies to:

Chipset (3)

USB3_Intel_W7_A01_Setup-1H1P1_ZPE.exe (11MB)
Urgent
30/05/2012
1.0.4.220,  A01
Added To List
Dell-Driver
Chipset_Intel_WIN_A00_Setup-WTN9T_ZPE.exe (2MB)
Urgent
30/05/2012
9.3.0.1019,  A00
Applies to:

Dell-Driver
iMEI_Intel_W74_A00_Setup-P92RM_ZPE.exe (49MB)
Urgent
30/05/2012
8.0.0.1262,  A00

Network (2)

LOM_RealTek_W7_A00_Setup-K0X2P_ZPE.exe (5MB)
Urgent
30/05/2012
7.048.0823.2011,  A00
Dell-Driver
DW1506_W7_A01_Setup-V5DYK_ZPE.exe (32MB)
Urgent
29/05/2012
9.2.0.484,  A01

Serial ATA (1)

AHCI_Intel_W7_A01_Setup-GVVJD_ZPE.exe (11MB)
Urgent
29/05/2012
11.1.0.1006,  A01

Video (1)

Video_Intel_W74_A01_Setup-JYNR7_ZPE.exe (151MB)
Urgent
29/05/2012
8.15.10.2696,  A01

All Replies
  • Hi jan48,

Please follow the steps below to clear up the startup menu.

Click on the Start menu, type MSCONFIG in the search box and hit the Enter key. You will now see a dialog box where you will have to click on the startup tab. You should be able to see all the programs running in the background here. You can uncheck the programs you don’t need.

I’d also suggest you run a Microsoft software called "Fix It" to improve your system performance. Please find the link below to download the "Fix It" program.

http://bit.ly/knGAPf

I request you to ignore the message on the website about the driver update as it will take some time for the website to get updated. The system should have the latest drivers once it is downloaded and updated from the Dell support site.

Let us know in case of any other queries

Thanks and Regards
    Harish R
    #iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards,
    Harish R
    Dell Social Media and Community Professional
    Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
    Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

• Thanks it is telling me I have too many items on start up and this pop up came up for me to disable some.  I have not got any clue which ones to disable as I do not want to disable any in case it is needed for start up.  The only item I recognize is my internet security and I am aware that I should not disable it.  Is it ok for me to disable the other e.g MindSpark, VERY Prod, Smart Audio C, Intel R USB, Intel R PIcon, Conexant Hig, Grove monitor , there are a few intel R etc.  Is there anyway I could post a printscreen for you to check?  Thanks

• Hi jan48,

You have to be very careful in removing the applications in the start-up. I have sent you my Email id in a private message. Request you to share the screenshot through email.

Please let us know in case of queries

Thanks and regards
    Harish R
    #iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards,
    Harish R

• You can post it here by clicking on Use Rich Formatting, then Insert Image.  Take a screenshot with CTRL-ALT-PRTSCR, paste it into a graphics program, even Paint, then save as a JPG.

• Hi jan48.

Please download a program called 'CCleaner', extract the startup items of your system and reply to this post with the details.

You can download the application named ‘CCleaner’ from the following link;

http://bit.ly/E9Dx

During the installation, you may see prompts to install 'Google Toolbar' and 'Google Chrome'. You may proceed without installing them if you wish to.

Once the software is downloaded and installed, open ‘CCleaner’ and select the option 'Tools' in the navigation panel on the left. Under tools, select the option ‘Startup’. Please ensure that you are looking at the ‘Windows’ tab, click on the ‘Save to text file…’ button at the bottom of the column on the right. Please save the ‘startup.txt’ file in a convenient location and attach that file to your reply to this post. This will help me identify the necessary items that can be removed from startup.

I hope this helps.

Please reply in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
    Harish R
    #iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards,
    Harish R

• startup.txt

DELL-Harish R

Hi jan48.

Please download a program called 'CCleaner', extract the startup items of your system and reply to this post with the details.

During the installation, you may see prompts to install 'Google Toolbar' and 'Google Chrome'. You may proceed without installing them if you wish to.

Once the software is downloaded and installed, open ‘CCleaner’ and select the option 'Tools' in the navigation panel on the left. Under tools, select the option ‘Startup’. Please ensure that you are looking at the ‘Windows’ tab, click on the ‘Save to text file…’ button at the bottom of the column on the right. Please save the ‘startup.txt’ file in a convenient location and attach that file to your reply to this post. This will help me identify the necessary items that can be removed from startup.

I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards
    Harish R
    #iworkfordell

• DELL-Harish R

Hi jan48.

I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards
    Harish R
    #iworkfordell

• Yes HKCU:Run Google Update Google Inc. "C:\Users\Juanita\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    No HKLM:Run AccuWeatherWidget Unlimited Realities "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\AccuWeather\accuweather.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\AccuWeather\start.umj" --startup
    No HKLM:Run Adobe ARM Adobe Systems Incorporated "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    No HKLM:Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher Adobe Systems Incorporated "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    Yes HKLM:Run AVP Kaspersky Lab ZAO "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2013\avp.exe"
    No HKLM:Run BringMeSports Search Scope Monitor MindSpark "C:\PROGRA~2\BRINGM~2\bar\1.bin\1csrchmn.exe" /m=2 /w /h
    No HKLM:Run BringMeSports_1c Browser Plugin Loader VER_COMPANY_NAME C:\PROGRA~2\BRINGM~2\bar\1.bin\1cbrmon.exe
    No HKLM:Run cAudioFilterAgent Conexant Systems, Inc. C:\Program Files\Conexant\cAudioFilterAgent\cAudioFilterAgent64.exe
    Yes HKLM:Run DATAMNGR Bandoo Media, inc C:\PROGRA~2\SEARCH~1\Datamngr\DATAMN~1.EXE
    No HKLM:Run Dell DataSafe Online Dell, Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Datasafe Online\NOBuClient.exe
    No HKLM:Run DellStage Unlimited Realities "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\stage_primary.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Stage\Dell Stage\start.umj" --startup
    Yes HKLM:Run GrooveMonitor Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
    No HKLM:Run HotKeysCmds Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
    No HKLM:Run IAStorIcon Intel Corporation C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIconLaunch.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe" 60
    No HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
    No HKLM:Run IMSS Intel Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IMSS\PIconStartup.exe"
    No HKLM:Run NeroLauncher Nero AG C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\SyncUP\NeroLauncher.exe 900
    No HKLM:Run PDVD9LanguageShortcut CyberLink Corp. "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\Language\Language.exe"
    No HKLM:Run Persistence Intel Corporation C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
    No HKLM:Run RemoteControl9 CyberLink Corp. "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\PDVD9Serv.exe"
    No HKLM:Run SmartAudio Conexant Systems, Inc. C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\SA3\SACpl.exe /sa3 /nv:3.0 /dne /s
    No HKLM:Run Stage Remote ArcSoft, Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Stage Remote\StageRemote.exe -Quiet
    No HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched Sun Microsystems, Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    No HKLM:Run TelevisionFanatic Browser Plugin Loader VER_COMPANY_NAME C:\PROGRA~2\TELEVI~2\bar\1.bin\64brmon.exe
    No HKLM:Run TelevisionFanatic Search Scope Monitor MindSpark "C:\PROGRA~2\TELEVI~2\bar\1.bin\64srchmn.exe" /m=2 /w /h
    No HKLM:Run USB3MON Intel Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver\Application\iusb3mon.exe"

• This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                                

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community