Windows 7: Download legit disk images (SP1 included)

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Windows 7: Download legit disk images (SP1 included)

This question is not answered

Just in case you need to reinstall from a clean and up to date disk, or your recovery partition has been killed - since we've just learned that Dell doesn't provide replacement disks - you'll find Windows 7 iso disk images here:

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

The images are hosted by Digital River, who also run the Microsoft Store. So there's no legal issue here, and you can also be sure that the disks haven't been tampered with.

All Replies
  • thisisjustincase,

Thank you for posting this information.

#iwork4Dell

• Just know that this media will not automatically work to activate Windows using the Product Key (license) on the side of your Dell computer.  You will have to call Microsoft to activate over the phone ... usually a painless, 2-minute phone call.

• thisisjustincase just to let you know I have compiled alot of download information of genuine links given from various websites for Microsoft Products which could be useful to Dell users. I have listed them in this wiki. I have mentioned the warning about the phone activation.

I have some languages yours doesn't mention and likewise you have some mine doesn't. I will maybe add your links to my wiki, I will do it when I have more time, maybe you could comment on the wiki to remind me to do it thanks.

If you find functional Vista downloads please let me know.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• I have updated the wiki updating the previous links with the ones provided by you. Thanks.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• Vista is also available from Digital River:

www.heidoc.net/.../57-windows-vista-direct-download-links

It requires some manual work to create disk images from the setup files though.

There are also some more Office editions and laguages:

Office 2010: www.heidoc.net/.../18-office-2010-direct-download-links

Office 2007: www.heidoc.net/.../51-office-2007-direct-download-links

Works 9.0: www.heidoc.net/.../55-microsoft-works-9-0-direct-download-links

• Thanks that is excellent I have incorporated all into my wiki and added thanks to you at the bottom. I am downloading the Vista setup files and will mess around to find an easy way to create a Vista botoable USB or DVD and report my findings in the guide once done.

Hopefully the guides will make things easy/be useful to ,many of the Dell users. My idea on Dell IdeaStorm for Dell here to make Dell customised Windows .iso files is picking up some momentum and is now under review so hopefully something will be brought to light.

Philip Yip