Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition Product Key

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition Product Key

This question is not answered

Hi,

Due to the deterioration in the performance of my laptop (Inspiron 6000 from 2004), I decided to restore it to the factory settings.

Nearly everythingis working perfectly now except for the fact that I need a Product key for MS office 2003, I no longer have any of the boxes/Manuals etc which may have contained this information, anyone any ideas on what I can do?

According to the Microsoft website, as the software came pre-installed on the laptop, they cannot help

Thanks for any assistance

John

All Replies
  • You should have run Belarc Advisor before restoring to factory settings. It would have told you you're key. I guess there is no way to get the key now...

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• Yeah, the key is gone. Microsoft, as you now know, will not help. And Dell will also not help - they do not keep any database of keys they sell.

The best recommendation I can give is to start using Open Office, a free software suite compatible with MS Office.

http://why.openoffice.org/

Community Member Since 2003