VDS Basic Provider - Unexpected failure. Error code: D@01010004 - Post Windows 7 SP1 & IE9 (possible resolution)

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

VDS Basic Provider - Unexpected failure. Error code: D@01010004 - Post Windows 7 SP1 & IE9 (possible resolution)

This question is not answered

Hi,

I recently updated my XPS 8300 with Windows Home Premium  to SP1 and IE 9 and started to get the above errror in the Windwos Event viewer.

I think that I managed to trace the issue down to the Intel Chipset drivers. In my case, after un-installing them through device manager and re-installing them after a reboot, the errors vanished.

(PS. It would seem that there is an incompatabilty between this site and IE9 as my posts do not get saved when using IE9. I have had to revert to another PC with IE8 in order for the posts to be saved.)

Hope that this can be of value to someone out there.

XPS 8300, i7-2600 (3.4GHz) | SDRAM - 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | Optical drive - PLDS DVDRWBD DH-6E2S | Video - ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 | Monitor - Dell ST2320L| HDD - Hitachi HDS721010CLA332| OS - Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit | Audio - : Realtek ALC887 HD Audio

All Replies
  • Some users have to use the "compatibility" mode in I.E.9 to post on the forum.   At this moment I'm using I.E.9 in it's "native" mode, but on occasion I've had to switch to compatibility mode.  Not sure how or what's happening.

According to one of the Dell forum modertors, the forum should work in I.E.9's native mode and not require compatibility mode.  Firefox and Chrome users have some compatibility issues with the forum, too.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• It's so weird to here the different experiences, because I access the forums from several different computers with IE9 (native - never needed to switch to compatibility) on both Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, and I've never had a problem posting here - not once.