restore to factory settings after upgrading to windows 7 on a dell 1520 - Microsoft OS Forum - Software & Operating Systems - Dell Community

restore to factory settings after upgrading to windows 7 on a dell 1520

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

restore to factory settings after upgrading to windows 7 on a dell 1520

This question is not answered

i have a DELL 1520 win32 and i upgraded to windows 7. i now have a virus of some sort which wont allow me to do many things.

i want to restore my laptop back to factory settings back to vista but i cant seem to. i went on the press F8 and go to "repair computer" but it did no have the option to restore to factory settings. i have tried many things but im getting nowhere.

i called dell and they wouldn't help unless i payed as im out of warrenty... not fair :(

i go on restore image  but it just back dates it :(

please can someone help :(

hetz

All Replies
  • When you upgrade to a different Operating System than was originally supplied the Dell recovery partition is no longer available.  The ONLY way is to have discs and reinstall from the discs. 

Get a "hijackthis" log and post it on the security forum section and maybe someone can help you with the virus problem that won't involve a complete reinstall.

If you are the registered owner (registered with Dell) and in the US you can request a set of discs  HERE  if you meet all the requirements. Otherwise your Win 7 upgrade disc should allow you to reinstall the OS and you can download any needed drivers from the Dell downloads.  

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.