Installing Windows 7 on XPS M1330

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Installing Windows 7 on XPS M1330

This question is not answered

I tried installing Windows 7 on my Dell XPS M1330 but I got a box with following text: SELECT THE DRIVER TO BE INSTALLED

It seems like there's no CD/DVD driver for this computer in the windows 7 installation.

Can somebody please help me with this?

All Replies
  • CD-DVD drivers are included with Windows--all versions--so it wouldn't be asking for that. Explain how you were installing win 7 --upgrade from vista, clean install, etc--and when this box came up. It might be asking for a SATA hard drive driver or something else. Make sure you are following the installation directions or using the Dell Upgrade Assistant.

• I want to stay using my Windows Vista so it's a clean install that I wanted to do.

I was prompted for my language & keyboard. When I went to the next step I got the message: Select the driver to be installed, it also says the cd/dvd drive divice driver isn't found.

This is the error:

------

Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, cd, dvd or usb flash drive, please insert it

Note: if the windows installation media is in the cd/dvd player, you can safely remove it for this step

------

I tried my driver cd that was delivered with my XPS M1330 but the installation of win7 couldn't be continued.. :(