PC Restore for Windows XP on Dimension E510

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

PC Restore for Windows XP on Dimension E510

This question is not answered

Can anyone please tell me how to restore my Dimension E510. I already tried the option on dell's support website: on the screen that says dell just before startup begins i pressed and held Ctrl and F11 and it was supposed to take me to another window where i could continue but failed. And I cannot manually restore because I do not have any of the CDs required for the process. Is there any other option???

All Replies
  • What isn't made clear is that you need to wait for a blue stripe to appear at the top of your screen at the conclusion of the self test.  The stripe should be present for two seconds, after which a message appears about loading the descriptor for PBR-2.  You need to press CTRL and F11, releasing both simultaneously at the appearance of the blue stripe and before the PBR-2 message appears.

If you don't see a blue stripe, PC Restore is not active on your machine.  Even if it works I recommend you attempt to obtain the installation CD.  Assuming you live in the U.S., try filling out this form:  Dell Replacement CD.

Dell Forum member since 2005