Recovery disk data lost in inspiron 1545, how to restore it??

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Recovery disk data lost in inspiron 1545, how to restore it??

This question is not answered

Hi I´ve got this problem:

When I was getting rid of some viruses in my Pendrive I accidentally opened the "E: recovery disk" and deleted some files...

I don´t remember very well which o the were, but there was none in a folder (I mean the files that are on E:/...; not "inside" any of the folderds in E:/)

I think there were only two files:  "autorun.inf" and another file that I don´t remember the name...

My questions are:

1) Have I damaged the recovery disk? (I haven´t tried to use it, I don´t need any recovery now); or is there any way I can test it witout using it to restore...

2) How can I recover this files?? (I´ve tryied "recuva" (a recovery data tool) but It didn´t find anything lost in that disk)

3) if I can´t.. is  there any way I can recover this disk... I mean, if I can download the recovery disck and copy it again?

3) ...or recover the files.... (I don´t know... there were only 2 files I think, and one was the autorun..) if I can download them from anywhere or someone can send me them...

well I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with WIndows Vista installed....

Any help will be appreciated....

All Replies
  • http://www.easeus-deletedrecovery.com/

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• I think there were only two files:  "autorun.inf" and another file that I don´t remember the name...

Hi

You may not be able to recover the files on the pin E:\ drive they do not go to the recycle bin , you might try to use the undelete software you have on C:\  to find them .

Yes its autorun.inf and a folder called autorun with a icon in it to match the image of your pin drive.

Good Luck

Jerry\c3po5

XPS 430 Ram 8 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit  

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version 

Dimension 8400 Ram 4 gigs Retail  Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version 

Dimension E 512 Ram 4 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Inspiron 1501 Ram 4 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version on drive 2