Windows 7 on Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505

Software & Operating Systems

Software & Operating Systems
Microsoft, Linux, Productivity software, discussion

Windows 7 on Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505

This question has suggested answer(s)

We installed Windows 7 on my wives laptop this weekend.  It seems to run OK, but I can't seem to find a Windows 7 compatible driver for the video card.  The video card is a ATI Radeon Mobility X1400.  I looked on Dells webpage and they don't even list the 6400 or the E1505 as Windows 7 compatible.  Before I purchased Windows 7 I did the 'update adviser' and it didn't list any problems updating.  I've checked Dell's website and ATI's but they don't list the X1400 video driver as Windows 7 compatible.  Does anyone know if another driver ATI driver will work or do I just wait for ATI to hopefully update the driver?

All Replies
  • djgriff

We installed Windows 7 on my wives laptop this weekend.  It seems to run OK, but I can't seem to find a Windows 7 compatible driver for the video card.  The video card is a ATI Radeon Mobility X1400.  I looked on Dells webpage and they don't even list the 6400 or the E1505 as Windows 7 compatible.  Before I purchased Windows 7 I did the 'update adviser' and it didn't list any problems updating.  I've checked Dell's website and ATI's but they don't list the X1400 video driver as Windows 7 compatible.  Does anyone know if another driver ATI driver will work or do I just wait for ATI to hopefully update the driver?